Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Blog Traffic Secrets

The Secret of Getting Traffic to Your Blog
Add caption



The secret to getting a lot of traffic is one that dwells within the very fiber of humans... we read everything really and we all have opinions. I don't read reviews to see whether I wanna watch a movie or play a game, I read them to see if people think the same way as me. It plays with the concept that everyone wants to belong and be apart of the group, or something bigger than themselves.



There are many ways to achieve this goal, the one of getting more traffic through communities. One way is to actively read other peoples blogs and leave comments stuff like that. Like, as an example, lets say I like anime and have started a blog about it, I could go to someone else's blog and leave a comment like "Sweet blog/ Nice article, I also have an anime blog, I really think that you guys will enjoy this." And link to a related article of yours. This may work if you're an active reader and actively post positive comments on that blog. No one likes spammers and your comments can be set so they go directly to spam.

Another take on this concept is to be apart of one of the larger communities like reddit or something like that. Every now and then when ou have a high quality post and you think a lot of people will like it, you can post a link to that post. This way can drive a large amount of traffic to a post fast, which if your blog has good navigation and its post have interesting titles, the visitors should spend more time on your blog. I had a problem with navigation on my site and to fix it took me quite some time but in the end people were viewing about half my blog in a setting (though most were picture posts).

People always talk about SEO and I personally wouldn't sacrifice the entertainment value of my blog for any form of optimization. Your viewers should come first, if the posts are good people will see them. Believe me.
There are so many more ways and gimmicks but from what I've seen, it's best to just get out there and get down and dirty with your audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment